- William and Kate taking a walk through Holyrood Park in Edinburgh, Scotland.
William: Jaw & Mouth Tense, Bags Under Eyes, Eyebrows Drawn, Shoulders Back, Overhand Grip, Ahead of Partner, Messing with Hand, Steps Out of Sync
Kate: Jaw Tense but Face Relaxed, Bags Under Eyes, Underhand Grip, Behind Partner, Steps Out of Sync
- Jaw & Mouth Tense: Anger, irritation, annoyed
- Jaw Tense but Face Relaxed: Suppression of emotion, generally sadness, annoyance, irritation, and/or anger. Corner of eyes drawn down indicate possibly sadness.
- Bags Under Eyes: Sleepiness, exhaustion
- Eyebrows Drawn with Middle Lowered: anxiety or relief. Anxiety seems more logical with this picture.
- Shoulders Back: Reluctant and/or uncomfortable
- Messing with Hand: Boredom, nervousness
- Overhand and Underhand Grip: The least intimate of hand holding, mostly reserved between friends or for public events where PDA is discouraged. Overhand is leader/master and dominant. Underhand is submissive and slave.
- Ahead of Partner: Protective, dominant, and ready to defend. Also in this situation it can mean leader.
- Behind Partner: Shielded, reluctant, afraid, uncomfortable, and submissive from person or event.
- Steps Out of Sync: in route of escape, incompatibility or caused by surprise
My Analysis: They both look very worn out. Possibly too much partying the night before at Zara’s wedding reception and after party. Both are tense with Kate showing sides of being upset (possibly close to crying). Factors are unknown. From the way the hands are grasped, William was the initiator of the hold. Could be a sign of closed off feelings, of a wall put up, possibly from each other of for the press. Side note: Hold never changes from when they hadn’t discovered the paparazzi. Could mean the walk was staged, he was upset, or he’s just closed off. The nail picking could either be a sign of nervousness or boredom, up for person to chose. Both seem to be reluctant on the walk. My opinion, the walk was staged and they weren’t happy about it, just a bad day for the couple. Possibly the two just wanted to be left alone to their own devices (rather than dictated on what to do) and/or to sleep in.
Submitted for Analysis by: Anonymous